dmd makes D appear slow

Shachar Shemesh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 2 23:50:53 PDT 2015

On 02/06/15 21:56, weaselcat wrote:
> On Monday, 1 June 2015 at 15:40:55 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> My original statement was obviously exaggerated, I would not put up
>> with days-long compile times, I'd find another way to do development.
>> But compile time is not as important to me as it is to others.
>>
>> -Steve
>
> I think if compile time was such a dealbreaker as people make it out to
> be, C++ would be a lot less popular.
You know, I keep hearing this criticism. I have no idea where it comes from.

I can tell you in no uncertain words that a project the size we're
working on would compile in considerably less time had it been written
in C++.

If you are only referring to small projects, then compilation time isn't
a major issue one way or the other.

Shachar