std.experimental.testing PR review

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 3 00:30:49 PDT 2015

On 2015-04-20 15:28, Atila Neves wrote:
> Original library: http://code.dlang.org/packages/unit-threaded
> PR: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3207

* Would it be possible to make the "should" functions more composeable.
Instead of "a.shouldEqual(b)" something like "a.should.equal(b)". Then
you don't need a separate "shouldNot" function for all functions, just one

* Is it possible to create custom "should functions" or marchers as
RSpec would call them? Otherwise perhaps the above suggestion would make
that easier

* I would recommend writing the actual operator used for a given "should
function" in the documentation

* Is there a function to compare if two objects are the actual same
objects in memory, i.e. comparing using "is"?

* Latest versions of RSpec does not allow to specify an exception type
when a test should not throw an exception. I don't recall the exact
reason now but it might be worth investigating and taking in to
consideration

* Is there any special output when running the tests? In that case, how
does it look like? Is it possible to use different formatters for the
output and create custom ones?

--
/Jacob Carlborg