Why aren't you using D at work?

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 3 00:43:14 PDT 2015

Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> writes:

> On 2015-06-01 18:38, Dan Olson wrote:
>
>> Yeah, we need to work on getting iOS support into LDC main offering. For
>> now there is a stumbling block (at least perceived by me) of requiring a
>> patched LLVM to support TLS on iOS.
>
> How you tried contributing that back to LLVM? And in that case, what's
> the status?

Not yet.  I greedily work on puzzles I think I can solve..  On the other
hand, a Rust dev last year was able to use the iOS TLS patch to LLVM and
perhaps made some progress.  Or found another way.

http://vhbit.net/blog/2014/04/12/rust-on-ios/

Reports good progress beginning of this year too.

http://vhbit.net/blog/2015/01/18/rust-for-ios-status-update/

I've lately been work on unwinding SjLj exception in Fibers, because
until the 2.067, there weren't any unittests to show it off.  It was
funny seeing an exception thrown in one Fiber being caught by another
Fiber! Luckily I've got that solved now.
--
Dan