Premake officially gains D support

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 3 02:21:34 PDT 2015

On 3 June 2015 at 06:51, weaselcat via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at 08:23:08 UTC, Manu wrote:
>>
>> Curious to know if anyone here uses Premake, or cares...?
>

> would care more if it had ninja support, ninja is vastly superior to
> makefiles when using a meta buildtool system.

It does. Premake has experimental ninja support. The main author uses
ninja, and he has a ninja module for premake.
Lots of the premake extensions need to be made more visible, but
extensions are a fairly new concept in premake.

> premake's use of lua trounces the awful cmake DSL.

Yeah, Lua is a really good language for this sort of description.
I like how premake feels. I find the files much more brief, and more
readable than cmake.