dmd makes D appear slow

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 3 03:42:00 PDT 2015

> There are lots of features in D, that C++ does not have, that
> will make separate compilation and partial
> evaluation/incomplete types difficult. So C++ is faster than D
> by design, even when the compiler isn't.

I've tried to parse that last sentence a few times and I'm not
sure what you mean. A theoretical compiler doesn't matter; what
actual compilers do does. The empirical fact is that C++ is
slower to compile than D (AFAIK C++ compiles slower than
everything that isn't Scala). If you have a benchmarch that shows
C++ compiling faster than D, please share it.

Atila