std.experimental.testing PR review

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 3 03:52:46 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 3 June 2015 at 07:42:58 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-04-20 15:28, Atila Neves wrote:
>> Original library: http://code.dlang.org/packages/unit-threaded
>> PR: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3207
>
> No Cucumber tests? This is what you're up against [1] ;). I
> think the Cucumber tests in RSpec are a perfect example of how
> to use Cucumber correctly. And this Relish site is able to
> generate good looking documentation based on Cucumber feature
> files.
>
> [1] http://www.relishapp.com/rspec/rspec-core/docs

This work was done before I learned Cucumber. In fact, one of the
motivations for learning it in the first place were the bugs I
kept introducing and not knowing about. This is (hopefully) going
into Phobos, so even if I had Cucumber tests for unit-threaded I
probably wouldn't include them in the pull request. It's a big
and important one already without having to discuss whether or
not we want to test the standard library with an external tool.

Atila