Why aren't you using D at work?

"岩倉 澪" via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 3 21:40:41 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 28 May 2015 at 14:38:51 UTC, Manu wrote:
> I've been using D in all my personal projects for years now,
> but I
> lament coding C at work every day, and I pine for salvation.

I'm pretty lucky, I work at a small startup that does drones for
agriculture and have had the freedom to pick whatever language I
think is best for the tasks at hand. As such, we now have some
image analysis software in the works that is 100% D (save for the
C libraries it uses and a bit of shell script). That said though,
it sounds like we're getting ENVI cheap, and I have an
opportunity to take a training course on extending it with "IDL,"
so that might end up being a better fit for the project in the
long run.

The other major project I've worked on there is a web app which I
did in JS as there's hardly any choice in that domain.