Make dub part of the standard dmd distribution

ponce via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 4 12:49:30 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 4 June 2015 at 15:07:58 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> Am 04.06.2015 um 15:07 schrieb Steven Schveighoffer:
>> This would be better, but I still think a way to add
>> dependencies should
>> be supported on the command line. Something like dub depend
>> someproject.
>> You don't always know what a project will need at the
>> beginning.

imho if a program consumes a particular configuration file, it
should not also write it.
Counter examples: Visual Studio projects, MFC, IRC bouncers, and
other technologies from Hell.

> On Thursday, 4 June 2015 at 15:07:58 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> Sorry for the slightly OT reply, most of this isn't targeted at
> you, I just went through the newsgroup posts for the first time
> after a while and needed to get this out.

Be sure your work is appreciated, I couldn't imagine working
without DUB everyday.

As always the NG isn't the masses but some vocal subset of D
users.

Personally I won't use any library which is not on the DUB
registry, learning how to build something is disposable knowledge.