I finally got a stack trace on my InvalidMemoryOperationError

Etienne via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 4 18:07:27 PDT 2015

On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 00:45:01 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 00:41:37 UTC, Etienne wrote:
>> Well that's probably why it should inherit Throwable then.
>
> Why?
>
>> There's no good reason to care more about the experimental
>> program than about the mental health of the programmer writing
>> it.
>
> Maybe one day we'll start including a debug version of the
> standard library with the distribution, with stack frames and
> stuff.
>
> DMD has had a -debuglib switch for a while, but it's not used
> in default installations.

I compiled debug version of druntime, phobos and I'm an expert
with GDB. That's not the issue. The issue is that D has become
knee-deep with technicals implementing a new attribute for every
edge case but forgetting that the average programmer wants a
little arrow pointing at their mistakes.

I mean come on here, I made a fatal error and my application is
overdue for crashing every thread and D is so broken that it adds
a deadlock on top of that, and you're telling me you'll feel
guilty for allocating the stack trace on the GC because it's in
an invalid state. Something is simply wrong with the community
culture as a whole if that's the case.