Attempt to get rid of phobos Makefiles, using reggae

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 5 01:06:45 PDT 2015

> I read somewhere that reggae builds itself. I'd suggest a way
> to build reggae with only OS-provided common tools, since you'd
> have to include it in the toolchain in order to build
> dmd/phobos otherwise.

It can build itself, yes. Since I've only developed and tested it
on Linux, the `bootstrap.sh` script in the repo builds it by
calling dmd on all the sources. After that it can (and does)
build itself. There'd have to be a .bat for Windows but any other
POSIX system should be able to call `bootstrap.sh`.

Atila