Getting Started

anonymous via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 5 18:13:37 PDT 2015

On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 20:18:59 UTC, tcak wrote:
> I am looking at the main page of dlang.org, and really there is
> no page to warm up a new comer to D language. Sure, there are
> book links, details of language as "D Reference" etc, but those
> are not suitable for a new starting guy.

http://dlang.org/getstarted.html should be that page.
Unfortunately, it's not very good.

I made a pull request to feature Ali's "Programming in D" more
prominently there:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/1010
Because as far as I know that's the best we have for absolute
newbies.

> Showing the features of language with SIMPLE examples in many
> pages could be very useful in my opinion.

Yeah, for somewhat advanced people that are just new to D that
could be nice.