Working on new binary serialization module for phobos (hopefully)

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 6 06:34:49 PDT 2015

On 2015-06-05 14:53, Basile Burg wrote:

> No, you don't get my point with setters: if a during the deserialization
> you restore, let's say, the _width field and that 12 children controls
> rely on this field then they won't be aware of the change.
> But if the deserializer restores using the width(int value) setter, the
> children can be resized if the the setter contain a sub method like
> updateChildren()...

If the whole code is written in D then that's not necessary. The
children will be restored properly as well. But if you have a D class
that wraps a native GUI control with a setter that calls some method on
the native control then it would be necessary to call the setter when
deserializing.

--
/Jacob Carlborg