DIP80: phobos additions

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 7 21:05:13 PDT 2015

On 8 June 2015 at 13:54, Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 8/06/2015 3:48 p.m., Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> On 8 June 2015 at 13:08, Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d
>> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

>>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2845 Heyyyy Manu,
>>> hows
>>> it going?
>>

>> I've kinda just been working on it on the side for my own use.
>> I wasn't happy with the layout, and restructured it a lot.
>> If there's an active demand for it, I'll give it top priority...?
>

> Like I said its a blocker for an image library. There's no point
> implementing an image library with a half baked color definition meant for
> phobos.

Yeah, that's fine. Is there an initiative for a phobos image library?
I have said before that I'm dubious about it's worth; the trouble with
an image library is that it will be almost impossible to decide on
API, whereas a colour is fairly unambiguous in terms of design merits.

> The long term issue is that we cannot really move forward with anything
> related to GUI or game development into phobos without it.
> So preferably we can get it into phobos by the end of the year :)

Yeah, I agree it's a sore missing point, which is why I started
working on it ;) ... I'll make it high priority.
I recently finished up various work on premake5, so I can work on this now.