DIP80: phobos additions

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 7 22:35:26 PDT 2015

On 8/06/2015 4:34 p.m., Tofu Ninja wrote:
> On Monday, 8 June 2015 at 04:22:56 UTC, Mike wrote:
>> On Monday, 8 June 2015 at 04:21:45 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:
>>>
>>> Personally I would just be happy with a d wrapper for something like
>>> freeimage being included.
>>
>> That's what Deimos is for
>> (https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/FreeImage).
>>
>> Mike
>
> I guess I meant to use it as a base for image loading and storing and to
> build some kind of d image lib on top of it. I see no point in us trying
> to implement all the various image formats if we try to make a image lib
> for phobos.

Atleast my idea behind Devisualization.Image was mostly this.
The implementation can be swapped out with another easily. But the
actual interface used is well made.

So while a Phobos image library might have a few formats such as PNG, it
probably wouldn't include a vast array of them.
So then its just a matter of allowing 3rd party libraries to add them
transparently.