std.experimental.safeint.d

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 8 03:33:08 PDT 2015

On 08-Jun-2015 09:44, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-06-07 22:27, Robert burner Schadek wrote:
>> SafeInt!T is an integer wrapper struct with an explicit NaN value build
>> on top of core.checkedint.
>
> A completely new module should go through the review queue [1] and no
> pull request should be created until it's passed the review.
>
> [1] http://wiki.dlang.org/Review_Queue

Actually it became quite common to present it as a pull request along
with documentation (where's DDoc, Robert?). It makes commenting on code
a breeze. Plus re-use of auto-tester - author has more time to fix his
stuff should something not work on some platform.

OT: I'm not quite sold on std.experimental as it 100% certain to be a
breaking change once a module is promoted to std proper or phased out
for that matter. And, of course, updating anything in std.experimental
module is going to be a long tedious string of pull requests.

--
Dmitry Olshansky