Alpha renaming in types is finally here

Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 8 05:43:26 PDT 2015

> I've been wondering for a good while whether it's possible with what we
> have. Looks like it is, modulo some gnarly hacks in introspecting
> function types.
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3394
>

> Destroy!
>
> Andrei

- This is not alpha renaming. Alpha renaming renames a variable at the
point it is bound and updates all occurrences of the variable. Alpha
renaming does not change the term it is applied to.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambda_calculus#.CE.B1-conversion
   This is type replacement.

- How do you use it to create recursive types using algebraic? (Assuming
that's what your comment refers to.)