Looking to remove the "Page wiki" buttons

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 8 14:55:05 PDT 2015

On Monday, 8 June 2015 at 21:23:02 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Monday, 8 June 2015 at 05:16:32 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
>> The click rate on the "Page wiki" buttons linking to one wiki
>> page per phobos page seems to be 0%.
>
> Wait, how do you know this?
>
>> Any significant wiki pages in existence? -- Andrei
>
> There were quite a few on the old wiki (which doesn't matter
> any more since the information is outdated). Moving the website
> to GitHub lowered the contribution bar, so I agree these
> buttons are mostly obsolete. Even if there is content there, it
> is not very discoverable.

I imagine you could scrape the wiki access logs and check for
when the referrer is dlang.org to see how much it's actually
used. I suspect it's almost non-existent though.

When I added the Improve This Page button the goal was to make
the website act like a moderated wiki. I didn't even know about
the page wiki stuff until I went to implement that button. I
suspect not many people realize it's there. The wiki is good but
I don't think we should be encouraging edits to low traffic pages
like most of these page wiki pages would be. The chance of
stagnant, invalid information isn't worth it so I think we should
drop it.