[OT] Modules dropped out of C++17

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 8 15:17:36 PDT 2015

On 6/8/15 12:48 PM, Paulo Pinto wrote:

> I see a problem that having those features in C++ will reduce the desire
> from companies to adopt D.
>
> At very least they should acknowledge all of you guys for the ideas.

As I said at DConf, D is the N word of C++. It's actually comical to
watch the lengths at which some folks in the community go to not mention D.

Anyhow, C++ playing catch up means we're doing the right things and they
shoot where we were a while ago. I hope the next thing for us is Design
by Introspection, which is going to knock the socks off everyone.

Andrei