DIP80: phobos additions

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 8 20:26:23 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 7 June 2015 at 18:27:16 UTC, Robert burner Schadek
wrote:
> Phobos is awesome, the libs of go, python and rust only have
> better marketing.
> As discussed on dconf, phobos needs to become big and blow the
> rest out of the sky.
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP80
>
> lets get OT, please discuss

There are
https://github.com/9il/simple_matrix and
https://github.com/9il/cblas .
I will try to rework them for Phobos.

Any ideas and suggestions?

Some notes about portability:
   1. OS X has Accelerated framework builtin.
   2. Linux has blast by default or it can be easily installed.
However default blast is very slow. The openBLAS is preferred.
   3. Looks like there is no simple way to have BLAS support on
Windows.

Should we provide BLAS library with DMD for Windows and maybe
Linux?

Regards,
Ilya