[OT] Modules dropped out of C++17

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 9 01:22:26 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 at 07:42:40 UTC, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Ambiguity over location of definition is something that
> promotes bugs. The technical problem of finding the definition
> is the least important aspect of the problem.

I don't understand the problem then: you're saying you have no
problem finding the possible function definitions, but have
trouble making out which of several overloaded functions is the
one being invoked?

On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 at 08:09:01 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> Why are you using grep for C? There are solutions. I use rtags
> and my own Emacs package cmake-ide. Works a treat.

I don't search through C headers much, just for one-off stuff
like writing D bindings.  I've used Exuberant Ctags before with
vim for a large C++ codebase, it worked reasonably well.