DIP80: phobos additions

Dennis Ritchie via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 9 07:51:31 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 at 08:50:16 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> I don't think this is quite the right approach.
> Multidimensional arrays and matrices are about accessing and
> iteration over data, not data structures themselves. The
> standard layouts are common special cases.

Yes, I really want to D supports multidimensional arrays,
matrices, rational numbers and quaternions.

I believe that Phobos must support some common methods of linear
algebra and general mathematics. I have no desire to join D with
Fortran libraries :)

Rational numbers and quaternions have already been implemented
are:
https://github.com/k3kaimu/carbon/blob/master/source/carbon/rational.d
https://github.com/k3kaimu/carbon/blob/master/source/carbon/quaternion.d

Satisfactory developments with matrices have here:
https://github.com/k3kaimu/carbon/blob/master/source/carbon/linear.d