[OT] Modules dropped out of C++17

Shachar Shemesh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 9 13:06:42 PDT 2015

On 09/06/15 22:39, Walter Bright wrote:
> I usually try to select identifiers that are easy to grep. So unless one
> has a penchant for naming functions f(), in practice it isn't a
> significant issue.

The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there is
no difference between theory and practice.

But in practice, there is.

(Too ashamed to admit I'm quoting Yogi Berra here, so I won't :-).

In practice, when your code gets big enough in a certain field, similar
names are pretty much unavoidable. Admittedly, this is mostly around
variable names. I lost count over the number of variables called
"diskIdx" I have. While not exactly duplicate per-se, there is also a
(member) function by that name. Try to find where "diskIdx" is defined,
and you /will/ get swamped.

Shachar