Right after allocators: containers or database connectivity?

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 9 13:40:55 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 at 17:05:19 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Please help me choose what to work on next.

> One would be a good pass of std.container, in particular (a) a
> design review with the DbI glasses on; (b) better documentation
> - sadly it seems to me so inadequate as to make containers
> themselves unusable; (c) investigate use of UFCS -
> std.container's design predates UFCS yet is a perfect fit for
> it, and most likely other cool language improvements we've
> added since.

No plans to use std.allocator? I think containers are the next
logical step after allocators, and will also serve as a proving
ground for the allocator API.

One thing I'd like to note is that for any database connectivity
solution to be future-proof, it needs to be based on (or
compatible with) async I/O. Seeing as we still don't have async
I/O in Phobos, I don't know how much that would influence the
implementation.

There are some database drivers in the Vibe.d ecosystem, but my
knowledge of these extends to just the above fact.