Right after allocators: containers or database connectivity?

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 9 15:42:20 PDT 2015

> On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 at 21:20:14 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> So, I think that it would make more sense if we std.container were
>> completed than to embark on std.database.
>
> I should probably add that since we already have std.container, doing
> containers next is a matter of polishing it and finishing it; it doesn't
> necessarily need a lot of bake time at this point. However, I expect
> that if we want a top-notch database implementation, it's going to need
> some bake time. So, while it might make sense to start bouncing around
> ideas on a database API to get that process started, it would make a lot
> more sense to focus on std.container first.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Well what do you know. I got
http://spottedtiger.tripod.com/D_Language/D_Support_Projects_XP.html
going and have a branch with etc.c.odbc working like a charm. I'll
submit that soon.

With regard to which to work on, I've made my decision:
http://38.media.tumblr.com/c51baf89e2f85065d669f3080c2b5cdb/tumblr_inline_n3rsrwCCcQ1qj3ir1.jpg

Andrei