[OT] Modules dropped out of C++17

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 9 18:28:49 PDT 2015

On 6/9/2015 4:02 PM, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 at 21:40:29 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> You've invented your own definition of constexpr; you would as productively
>> tagged your C++ functions with /*simple*/.
>
> Kind of yes, but since C++ requires it I actually use it too.
>
>> But in D, you can invent your own attribute @simple, and then tag functions
>> with that.
>
> I could, but D would not check it?

I'm bemused by the argument that D is deficient because it doesn't implement a
non-existent feature of C++.

You're smart, capable, and well educated in programming. You have great
potential for contributing, which is why I answer some of these posts. I'm
hoping to entice you to contribute in the substantial way that I know you can.