Asked on Reddit: Which of Rust, D, Go, Nim, and Crystal is the strongest and why?

Dennis Ritchie via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 9 19:38:29 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 10 June 2015 at 01:21:05 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
> D isn't an emerging language.
> And that's a good thing.

Yes, of course. I just read the title of this topic:
"Asked on Reddit: Which of Rust, D, Go, Nim, and Crystal is the
strongest and why?"

And I do not read the name of the theme on reddit :)
"Of the emerging systems languages Rust, D, Go, Nim and Crystal
which is the strongest and why?"

So my comment was not the point :)

> People also refer to Haskell as if it's some new hip language
> and it's almost as old as ANSI C.

Haskell is a creature with a deep inner world. But I don't think
I will ever put their hands on this language as well as Perl.
They too strange syntax, so they are clearly not the strongest.
Of course, Lisp programmers think that the strongest language is
a Lisp and only Lisp and nothing more. But this statement is also
very ironic.