Asked on Reddit: Which of Rust, D, Go, Nim, and Crystal is the strongest and why?

Brian Rogoff via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 10 10:54:14 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 10 June 2015 at 17:34:48 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 June 2015 at 15:13:41 UTC, Brian Rogoff wrote:
>>>
>>> p.s., Nim has the absolute worst community out of any of
>>> these languages.
>>> http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=6771453&cid=48860921
>>
>> You're not doing the D community any great credit with this
>> post, either. Try and stay classy.
>
> Translation: "Let me try to shame you because I don't have any
> actual argument..."

Stick with your day job and leave mind reading and translation to
experts! :-)

What's the actual argument? Is cherry picking comments from
unmoderated fora and posting them here in an effort to put down
some other language community supposed to be good behavior, or
rather rude and hypocritical? I say the latter, and the general
way to deal with rude behavior is to point it out, what you seem
to believe is 'shaming'. If you don't think that was rude, we
simply disagree.

The Rust community is probably the absolute best because
tolerance for that is near zero. Too much I think, but perhaps
they're right and it's for the best.