Asked on Reddit: Which of Rust, D, Go, Nim, and Crystal is the strongest and why?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 10 12:05:14 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 10 June 2015 at 18:41:56 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> That's actually a good idea, you might not have noticed it, but
> I rarely use "he" alone as a general term and I notice it when
> other people do. Little things like this in language can make a
> difference in people's feelings and cause discomfort in the
> environment.

Sure, follow your own ethics, but that won't work in an
international environment as a rule without coming off as
censorship. You cannot force people globally to follow a local
culture. I also try to cut down on the term "you" as a general
term since people might think I mean them personally.

At some point you just have question intent if there is a
misunderstanding, rather than control every expression or else
everything becomes "it":

"A bad programmer create bugs when it edits its files...".

And if people force you to write "it", it is quite reasonable to
wonder what else they strongly object to so you better just stay
silent. I really do try to cut down on the term "you"?