Daily downloads in decline

QAston via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 11 02:12:08 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 10 June 2015 at 17:04:56 UTC, Dennis Ritchie wrote:
> It seems to me that many still do not understand what the Rust
> :) Many have not seen Lisp, so they think that Rust is
> something innovative. At least from the syndrome of angle
> brackets and other syntactic shaluhi its developers are not
> disposed of, but only made matters worse. This language is not
> better than the same C++.

I have seen and used lisp, still I think that Rust is innovative.
Namely the combination of very good typesystem, best to date
(because fully compiler-verified) resource management and AST
macros is innovative.

But what I like the most about is that it wasn't created in a
stike of genius by a guy in a basement, but instead by continuous
refinement of many ideas with strong desire to keep the language
small and consistent.