it may be useful to curate newsgroup posts

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 11 14:48:32 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 11 June 2015 at 20:48:59 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> Please kill me now. Dynamic typing is almost always a
> _horrible_ idea.
<snip>

I liked this post very much.  I remember thinking how superior
BBC Basic was to other languages for forcing you to declare
variables.  (I know the question is not technically only about
this, but the philosophical tone is similar).  And what a shock
it was to travel back in time when I learnt python...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_BASIC

Should this be turned into a wiki post?  Maybe the main section
relating to why D does things a certain way?  Or maybe an
opinionated section where there are articles that don't represent
the official D stance.

In general there is lots of hidden gold in newsgroup posts that
is not always easy to find.  Curating this might help others down
the line.  I can do a little, but not that much as I have certain
constraints and other things I should be focusing on.