DIP80: phobos additions

Wyatt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 11 15:36:27 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 11 June 2015 at 21:30:22 UTC, jmh530 wrote:

> Most of what I discuss below is just syntactical sugar for some
> stuff that could be accomplished with loops or std.algorithm,

Your post reminds me of two things I've considered attempting in
the past:
1) a set of operators that have no meaning unless an overload is
specifically provided (for dot product, dyadic transpose, etc.)
and
2) a library implementing features of array-oriented languages to
the extent it's possible (APL functions, rank awareness, trivial
reshaping, aggregate lifting, et al).

Syntax sugar can be important.

-Wyatt