dub : multiple dmd instances

weaselcat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 12 00:29:17 PDT 2015

On Friday, 12 June 2015 at 07:20:35 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-06-11 16:08, weaselcat wrote:
>> On Thursday, 11 June 2015 at 14:07:10 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
>
>>>      --parallel        Runs multiple compiler instances in
>>> parallel, if
>>>                        possible.
>>
>> After rereading your question, that actually isn't exactly what
>> you were asking for. Sorry for the noise, I need my coffee.
>
> Isn't that what the --parallel flag is for?

As far as I can tell he wants it broken down into equal-sized n
chunks of files where n is the number of CPU cores available, and
--parallel just runs each file in parallel.

I actually hadn't thought of that before, there might be a (big?)
benefit from this as dmd is slow to parse per-file. Perhaps
decide which files are in the chunks based on dependency analysis.

bye.