You too can work on D for iOS

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 12 04:00:05 PDT 2015

On Friday, 12 June 2015 at 08:46:19 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
> for example, the $999 hidpi monitor they sell on their site?
> you can buy the same exact monitor for ~$250 on ebay directly
> from the korean manufacturer. I own one, it looks identical to
> the apple one.

I'm not surprised! I bet they saw too many developers buying
4-core minis and no screen and thought:  "hey, let's force devs
to buy our 4-core iMacs, then we get to sell a screen too!". And
I have to admit, if I _had_ to buy an iMac I'd be tempted to
consider the retina version.

But I think I'll just pass on an upgrade and make my next machine
a 6+ core Linux box with a clang cross compiler and shared
filesystem. I don't really mind using makefiles that much.