Asked on Reddit: Which of Rust, D, Go, Nim, and Crystal is the strongest and why?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 12 04:35:28 PDT 2015

On Friday, 12 June 2015 at 11:13:08 UTC, Chris wrote:
> "-ise". If you have a new generation of Englishmen that were
> taught "-ize", they would find "-ise" strange. It's ridiculous
> how people get attached to stuff like this.

I have to admit I use "-ize" over "-ise" because I think it
visually looks cooler. I always felt I did something wrong by
mixing "colour" and "-ize", but this thread has finally lifted
this guilt off my shoulders!

"They" as singular feels weird tho, but maybe it is related to
the archaic "thou" and "thee"? We had the same in norwegian ~60
years ago. "De" (they) was used as singular towards strangers and
"du" (you) was used with people you were familiar with. Then you
could claim to be "dus" (friendly) with people you knew
(referring to the fact that you use "du" when adressing them).
Kinda like german "Sie".