You too can work on D for iOS

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 12 07:14:23 PDT 2015

On 2015-06-12 06:51, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

> You can develop for iOS on other platforms (I think not using
> objective-c or swift), but you cannot submit an app to the app store
> without Xcode.

I think Microsoft supports this. I don't remeber all the details but I
think they showed launching an iOS simulator from Visual Studio, also
launching the Apple iOS simulator running on a Mac.

They've also implemented Cocoa Touch on Windows 10 to allow to easily
port iOS application to Windows 10.

Then there's of course Xamarin with its Mono that supports iOS development.

> The cost is really minimal if you are serious. A Mac Mini costs $500
> new, and you get Xcode free.

In Sweden it costs $670.

--
/Jacob Carlborg