Asked on Reddit: Which of Rust, D, Go, Nim, and Crystal is the strongest and why?

Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 12 08:02:34 PDT 2015

On Friday, 12 June 2015 at 11:35:30 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> "They" as singular feels weird tho, but maybe it is related to
> the archaic "thou" and "thee"? We had the same in norwegian ~60
> years ago. "De" (they) was used as singular towards strangers
> and "du" (you) was used with people you were familiar with.
> Then you could claim to be "dus" (friendly) with people you
> knew (referring to the fact that you use "du" when adressing
> them). Kinda like german "Sie".

"Hey, you see that person over there? What are they doing? Is
that their big red stuffed dinosaur?"

"A person came in to the shop today and the entire time they just
keept asking for corks, we sell paint..."

"I am going to wear this big pink sombrero and if anyone has a
problem with it, well they can just suckit"

Just as a few examples of gender neutral singular they/their.