DIP80: phobos additions

Wyatt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 12 09:11:13 PDT 2015

On Friday, 12 June 2015 at 03:18:31 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:

> What would the new order of operations be for these new
> operators?

Hadn't honestly thought that far.  Like I said, it was more of a
nascent idea than a coherent proposal (probably with a DIP and
many more words).  It's an interesting question, though.

I think the approach taken by F# and OCaml may hit at the right
notes, though: precedence and fixity are determined by the base
operator.  In my head, extra operators would be represented in
code by some annotation or affix on a built-in operator... say,
braces around it or something (e.g. [*] or {+}, though this is
just an example that sets a baseline for visibility).

-Wyatt