You too can work on D for iOS

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 12 13:33:23 PDT 2015

On 6/12/15 3:44 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

>> Those who are serious and willing ***and able*** to invest will buy one.
>
> Fixed.
>
>> If you want to make minimum wage,
>
> You've got to be fucking kidding everyone. Step out of your ivory tower
> once in a while.

Gladly, it's nice outside today!

>> [...]I can guess you shouldn't buy a mac :)
>>

> In any case, you have your sequence of events is seriously backwards here.
>
> The correct order is:
>
> 1: Obtain $
> 2: THEN Spend $
> 3: GOTO 1
>
> Notice how the loop can only be primed with "Obtain", not "Spend shit
> you don't fucking even have".

Are you fucking kidding me? People who work minimum wage jobs have
iPhones. They have credit cards. If someone has the ability to make
above minimum wage, and all they have to do is finance the purchase of a
mac, if they don't do it, then they have their priorities messed up.

Note, I don't think everyone *can* make money if they just purchase a
mac. I'm saying if you have the skills (and desire), and it costs you
the risk of charging $500 on a credit card, you should do it if all you
can get is minimum wage work otherwise. This is exactly how people get
ahead in life, they don't wait for handouts. People who have successful
businesses didn't start out with magical seed capital that didn't have
to be paid back, they started out by working hard, making do with what
they had, sacrificing other things, learning from their mistakes, and
building on their successes. They don't cry in the corner saying "poor
me, if only I had X I could get ahead." Ask any person who built a company.

Anyway, this is getting far too political. Now, about that bikeshed color...

-Steve