Asked on Reddit: Which of Rust, D, Go, Nim, and Crystal is the strongest and why?

Dave via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 12 13:37:20 PDT 2015

> Originally (.Net 1) there was only 'Parse', 'TryParse' came in
> .Net 2, I
> guess they had to admit that exceptions are not always
> practical.

I think TryParse (and anything marked prefixed with Try) is meant
for quick stuff. It doesn't return any error. Just a boolean
indicating that it failed. The entire function seems to be a
wrapper around the actual try mechanism. So Parse will give you
an error, TryParse will just tell you it failed.