Asked on Reddit: Which of Rust, D, Go, Nim, and Crystal is the strongest and why?

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 12 14:37:30 PDT 2015

On 06/12/2015 07:48 AM, Chris wrote:

> The same goes for "ain't". There's no reason why "ain't" should be "bad
> English". "I ain't got no money" is perfectly fine, although it might
> make the odd Oxbridge fellow cringe and spill his tea. But what the
> Dickens, old chap!

Yea, I'm fine with "ain't" being considered an actual word. Years ago, I
used to hear a lot of "'Ain't' isn't a real word", but meh, it's used as
a word, even the people who don't like it still know full-well exactly
what it means, so...I ain't got a big problem with it :)

But there was one particular argument in favor of "ain't" that I never
liked: "It's a contraction for 'are not'."

Well, no, it isn't a contraction for "are not" (maybe it originally was,
I dunno). Because "I ain't going" vs "I are not going." So no, it may be
a word, but it ain't a contraction for "are not".