DIP80: phobos additions

Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 13 03:35:53 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 13 June 2015 at 08:45:20 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> The tiny subset of numerical linear algebra that is relevant
> for graphics (mostly very basic operations, 2,3 or 4
> dimensions) is not at all representative of the whole. The
> algorithms are different and the APIs are often necessarily
> different.
>
> Even just considering scale, no one sane calls in to BLAS to
> multiply a 3*3 matrix by a 3 element vector, simultaneously no
> one sane *doesn't* call in to BLAS or an equivalent to multiply
> two 500*500 matrices.

I think there is a conflict of interest with what people want.
There seem to be people like me who only want or need simple
matrices like glm to do basic geometric/graphics related stuff.
Then there is the group of people who want large 500x500 matrices
to do weird crazy maths stuff. Maybe they should be kept
separate? In which case then we are really talking about adding
two different things. Maybe have a std.math.matrix and a std.blas?