Phobos addition formal review: std.experimental.allocator

ZombineDev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 13 16:16:03 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 13 June 2015 at 15:48:31 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 6/13/15 3:14 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>> Andrei, have you considered creating additional
>> std.allocator.impl
>> package and moving actual allocators there? Or, probably, the
>> other way
>> around with std.allocator.core
>>
>> Existing flat hierarchy does not hint about internal structure
>> in any way.
>
> It's good documentation, not directories, that helps
> understanding internal structure. There are 23 files in
> std/experimental/allocator, which seems manageable. I think
> we're good as we are.
>
> Andrei

I also think putting some of the files in folder will make things
cleaner and easier to understand.

These files:
std.experimental.allocator.affix_allocator,
std.experimental.allocator.allocator_list,
std.experimental.allocator.bucketizer,
std.experimental.allocator.fallback_allocator,
std.experimental.allocator.free_list,
std.experimental.allocator.free_tree,
std.experimental.allocator.gc_allocator,
std.experimental.allocator.bitmapped_block,
std.experimental.allocator.kernighan_ritchie,
std.experimental.allocator.mallocator,
std.experimental.allocator.mmap_allocator,
std.experimental.allocator.null_allocator,
std.experimental.allocator.quantizer,
std.experimental.allocator.region,
std.experimental.allocator.segregator,
std.experimental.allocator.stats_collector;

are great candidates for a
std.experimental.allocator.building_blocks folder.