version: multiple conditions

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 14 06:36:17 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 14 June 2015 at 13:02:03 UTC, Manfred Nowak wrote:
> bitwise wrote:
>
>> for at least adding "||" so that code can be shared between
>> platforms?
>
> Sureley it is a pita to write:
>
> version( iOS) version= iOS;
> else version( Android) version= Android;
> else version= neither;
> version( neither) version= neither;
> else version=iOSorAndroid;
>
> version( iOSorAndroid){
>    // ...
> }

It is, but it is only a 0.0001% source code increase that can be
hidden in a config file.

I really hope that the next two release will focus on bugfixes,
transitioning to D and refactoring.

If DMD source code was lean D code, it would attract more
developers to the compiler. So avoiding changes now would pay off
in terms of long term evolution.

You cannot both transition to D and focus on changes. Freeze the
feature set...