version: multiple conditions

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 14 07:55:27 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 14 June 2015 at 12:06:03 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
> not really surprising considering rust was rushed out the door,
> there were no breaks on that hype train.

I dunno if it was rushed. They have slashed the feature set quite
a lot over the years. At some point it makes a lot of sense to
set a fixed deadline and stick to it at the expense of expanding
the feature set and strongly encouraging bug fixing.

If anything the discussion around SemVer in the Rust community
suggests that a lot of people there take language stability very
seriously.