DIP80: phobos additions

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 14 11:05:31 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 14 June 2015 at 15:15:38 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:

>> A naive basic matrix library is simple to write, I don't need
>> standard library support for that + I get it to work the way I
>> want by using SIMD registers directly... => I probably would
>> not use it if I could implement it in less than 10 hours.
>
> A naive std.algorithm and std.range is easy to write too.

I wouldn't know. People have different needs. Builtin
for-each-loops, threads and SIMD support are more important to me
than iterators (ranges).

But the problem with linear algebra is that you might want to do
SIMD optimized versions where you calculate 4 equations at the
time, do reshuffling etc. So a library solution has to provide
substantial benefits.