Honey, I shrunk the build times

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 14 17:55:49 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 14 June 2015 at 19:02:59 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
> after playing around with ddmd built with ldc, it's still a
> solid 30-40% slower than current dmd(with optimization flags,
> obv.)

How did you build it? This is especially important given that
DDMD straight from the repo does not build with LDC right now as
it tries to override the druntime memory allocation functions,
which works only due to the way DMD's -lib is implemented.

On a system with 64 GiB RAM, Daniel and I could not measure any
performance difference to the C++ version when building the
Phobos unittests.

  - David