version: multiple conditions

Dennis Ritchie via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 16 06:48:43 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 16 June 2015 at 13:16:40 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> Unfortunately not true, you're adding multiple alias this…

Excuse me for what I am trying to avoid overquoting :)

> You probably refer to CLOS and not proper Lisp.

CLOS was adopted as part of the standard ANSI Common Lisp. What
is interesting to know ANSI Common Lisp is wrong?

> C++ has multiple inheritance and "solves" it, but most C++
> programmers try to avoid multiple inheritance anyway. So why
> would D be better with it?

In different languages rhombus problem is solved in different
ways. And C++ is not the best case in point, where the problem is
solved well.

Of course, most of the C++-programmers avoid multiple
inheritance, but the other part, which uses it at least a little,
what a tie that does not use it.

D - this is not the language of minimalist (for example, Go) :)
We had to implement multiple inheritance, without relying on C++.
IMO.