osx shared libraries.

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 16 14:45:52 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 16 June 2015 at 14:56:35 UTC, bitwise wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 23:56:14 -0400, bitwise
> <bitwise.pvt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It actually appears that __attribute__((visibility("hidden"))
>> is redundant and making it a constructor already hides it.
>
> derp.. no it's not. Its the fact they were marked static in the
> C code that made them hidden.
>
> If anyone is willing to point me in the right direction here,
> it would be much appreciated ;)
> Looking at Martin's github, it doesn't appear that he's back in
> business yet.

I can help you with codegen questions if you want to try LDC. The
implementation I did there for Linux was based on Martin's work
(but I contributed fixes to a couple of the shared problems and
made it work with --gc-sections).

You'll have to drop down to the compiler level to influence the
visibility in either case, though.

  - David