osx shared libraries.

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 16 16:52:25 PDT 2015

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 17:45:52 -0400, David Nadlinger <code at klickverbot.at>
wrote:
> I can help you with codegen questions if you want to try LDC.

I actually tried to compile my library with LDC a week or two ago, and got
ICEd.

I would like to try LDC, so I'll probably give it a go next release. It
looks like the runtime for LDC would need some work too though. In
particular, it doesn't seem to support dynamic loading:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/druntime/blob/ldc/src/rt/sections_ldc.d#L379

> You'll have to drop down to the compiler level to influence the
> visibility in either case, though.

Yeah... I'm still trying to figure out how dmd exports, and decides when
to export, functions.

In Martin's code, it looks like he's manually outputting assembly as
bytecodes, but I was hoping for a simpler solution.

Ideally, I would like to copy this approach:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/blob/c718790165c3124c61e510d8352b9cb9d8ae0198/src/mars.c#L228

Then, add some special cases to put the generated function into the right
section and ensure the symbols are not exported.

Anyways, your Dconf presentation was helpful to explain a few things, so
thanks for that =D

   Bit