Workaround for typeid access violation

Etienne Cimon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 16 19:35:39 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 16 June 2015 at 22:31:38 UTC, Etienne Cimon wrote:
> Yeah, I'm going to make a personal branch and develop a GC
> thread-local, and ensure memory/vtbl is left intact during
> collection/finalization, it's a good experiment and I believe
> it will be a way to solve the issue in the near future. Of
> course, no support for moving shared objects in a foreign
> thread anymore.. like that was any useful in the first place :P

My libraries run fine on a TLS GC so far:

https://github.com/etcimon/druntime/commit/7da3939637bd1642400dbed83e3b0ff2844386ac

Only error was with a signal handler trying to allocate on the
GC. I think it'll be worth it for me to use this from now on.
There's no locking and possibly no stop the world.